Patrick Griffith, Army Afghanistan Veteran
Southeast Regional Program Manager, Team Red, White and Blue
Enriching the Lives of America’s Veterans
Filmed at the 2018 5th Annual Symposium
Watch Video 24/7: https://youtu.be/k_iYFf5Znpk
About Patrick Griffith, Army Afghanistan Veteran
Southeast Regional Program Manager
Team Red, White and Blue
EOD Technician (89D); Senior EOD Badge, SGT – Army
- Explosive Ordnance Disposal Sergeant responsible for the training, supervision, professional development, and welfare of 8 team members
- Conducted 13 Route Clearance Patrol missions while deployed to Afghanistan, totaling 156 man-hours, clearing 260 miles of heavily traveled supply routes; resulting in the rendering safe of 19 Improvised Explosive Devises ensuring freedom of movement of Coalition Forces
- Selected for, and successfully performed, three high visibility Very Important Person Protection Support Activity (VIPPSA) missions in support of the United States Secret Service, protecting the President of the United States, Vice-President, and foreign dignitaries
- Certified over 56 personnel on handheld detection equipment during a week long course ensuring proper set-up and utilization of vital lifesaving equipment
- Accounted for 7,250 classified publications without loss, compromise, or spillage
- Responsible for the inventory, utilization, and maintenance of team equipment, valued at $1.5M, ensuring full mission capabilities at all time
Program Manager – Southeast Region – Team Red, White and Blue
- Responsible for the daily operations and logistics of the Chapter and Community Program for the Southeast Region, consisting of 21,381 Veteran and Civilian members; which includes direct contact with 43 Chapter Captains and 250+ volunteer leaders for support, mentorship, inspiration, and leadership
- Designed, led, and taught at 6 Eagle Leadership Camps, 1 Eagle Leadership Academy, and 1 Regional Summit
- Established the SE Regional Headquarters (The Co-Op) from idea, planning, and funding, as well as implementation of volunteer events for demolition,
beautification, and construction of a 1500 sq. ft. CrossFit Gym
- Southeast Region delivered 3,679 total events by mid-2016, a 91% YOY growth against the 2015 performance of 1,929 events; events offer veterans and community members authentic and safe opportunities to connect and form relationships while focusing on positive health behaviors
About Team Red, White and Blue
Team RWB’s mission is to enrich the lives of America’s veterans by connecting them to their community through physical and social activity.
We define enrichment as creating quality relationships and experiences that contribute to life satisfaction and overall well-being. The concept of enrichment consists of three core components—health, people, and purpose—that comprise a rich life.
Health: Creating frequent opportunities for team members to connect through fitness, sports, and recreation to improve physical, mental, and emotional wellbeing.
People: Creating authentic connections (defined as genuine, quality, supportive relationships that generate mutual trust and accountability), reflected in an increased number of close relationships and improvements in teammates’ sense of belonging, purpose, and community engagement.
Purpose: Engaging members in meaningful team and community-based experiences such as leadership and service that, beyond physical and social activities, renew self-identity and purpose in life.
We accomplish our mission via our two core programs: our Chapter and Community Program and our Eagle Leadership Development Program.
Learn more about Team RWB and how to get involved by joining the team at teamrwb.org/join
Team Red, White & Blue (Team RWB) is a veteran support nonprofit organization whose vision is to increase the connectivity between America’s combat veterans and people in their communities. We use exercise as a medium to bring people together (running, triathlon, Crossfit, yoga, hiking, etc…) We also provide personal assistance/coaching for veterans who want to get back into shape.
Founded in 2010, Team Red, White and Blue chapters and communities deliver consistent, local opportunities for veterans and the community to connect through physical and social activity.
They host weekly fitness activities, monthly social events, and participate in local races and events together. These programs are at the core of Team RWB’s mission.
Join the Team for free today! http://teamrwb.org/get-involved/join-the-team
For more information visit www.TeamRWB.org
Thank You for the following for making these programs possible
*Army Veteran William Wischnewsky
*Colin Clark (Plane Ticket)
*America’s Warrior Partnership